Saturday, October 27, 2018

Monday, October 29th, 2018

IMPORTANT NEWS:
The National Conference for Teachers was amazing and we will start using
things I learned there, this week. I believe it is going to help our class and
Berg Elementary really grow and thrive. I am excited for our future.


We will be having our Halloween Parade and Party on:
Wednesday, October 31st.


If you are planning to participate, please arrive after 2:00.
We will begin dressing into costumes at 2:15.
The parade will begin at 2:30.


Things to remember:
Please send a snack with your student daily.


Reading:
We are back to having a spelling test. Please practice words at home
when you have time.   


For our morning reading assignments, we now have choices. That means
your student gets to choose which article they read from a list of
options. This week we are learning about owls, the desert, symphony orchestra,
garbage in the ocean, the stars, and turtle shells, to name a few things.


Remember, our A.R. Reading goals started over with the new quarter. Please
help your child with reading whenever possible. Many of you have started
chapter books, it is important to talk about what has already happened before
continuing on with the next chapter. Sometimes it can also be fun to try
and guess what might happen next. Please focus on having fun, reading should
never be a burden, it should be a special time.


Writing:
Our writing project this week is going to be exciting. We will be writing our
own stories, our second creative writing project. This time we are challenging
ourselves with a longer story.    


Math:
We are learning how to tell time, and starting to learn measuring
skills. Of course, we are always working on addition, subtraction
and place value. We have seen some great improvements recently.


Student Learning Report:
I learned how pumpkins grow.
I am proud of doing my work.
I learned about ticks.
I am proud of being nice.
I learned about subtracting.
I am proud of my journal.
I learned that killer whale has one blowhole.
I'm proud of my reading.
I learned to read a lot more.
Helping people typing on the Chromebook.
I learned about penguins.
I am proud of finishing my book report.
I finished my vocabulary sentences
I learned about music.
I am proud of finishing all of my stuff.


Please contact me anytime you have a question or a concern!


                                       Thank you and have a great week,

Mr. Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment